Business as usual for GaRpY and Hell as they win another cup, this time our very own
By the time the Spitfire shells stopped dropping our three guys stood tall having brushed off all opposition. Myztro had to beat seven teams over the weekend including a very close contest against the Polish team Kamil Krzysztof Kamil before beating Portuguese outfit LEAVE MY GAME in the grand final.
You can view the full ESL Apex Legends EU Cup brackets here.
If you didn’t know before these are the rules on which the ESL Apex Legends Cup operated.
- 1. You need to register an ESL account
- 2. Create a team with your friend or teammate
- 3. Enter your EA ID on the right side in the widget.
- 4. Sign up with your team
- The 256 check-in spots will be open on a first-come, first-served basis starting from the check-in time 30 minutes before the start of the tournament. The amount of rounds may change based on the number of the checked in teams.
- Matches starting after 23:00 CET will be postponed to the following day at 19:00 CET.
- 3vs3 SQUAD
- Teams are allowed to play as many games as they can in the given 60 minutes of timeframe for the BO2 and 80 minutes for the BO3. In these given timeframes the players also have to upload the mandatory result screenshots for both/all three played games
- 60/80 minute timer starts when teams are paired up in the bracket (teams that both get default win to second round must start their games as soon as possible!)
- The matches are BO2 until the finals, which is BO3
- SQUAD earns points for their placement and kills displayed in the uploaded screenshots
- Points distribution can be found in the full rules accessible here
- Teams – 3 players per team, two subs are allowed.
- Teams are allowed to play one match per round with 2 players, in case of technical problems.
- The majority of the ingame team has to be from the region they’re participating in.
- It’s not needed to contact your opponent team, the Admins will remove/ disqualify teams that didn’t report a result after 60 minutes.
- Please join the ESL APEX LEGENDS Discord channel to get all the information you need for the tournament.
Each team member must take an end-of-game screenshot of their results in case of any disputes. Unless said dispute happens, only one has to upload the screenshots!
The screenshot needs to have the match ID and the name of the opponent team inserted by at least one out of the 3 team members as a chat message but the more is better. Teams are awarded 6 points for winning the match and 1 point for each kill. In case of a tie, the total amount of damage determines the winner. Failure to provide said screenshots in the given timeframe or when requested can lead to disciplinary action and/or loss of points.
Substitute players can only be added if a tournament is postponed until the following day and in case another player cannot attend to the said time.
Above is a VOD from Aaron “HELL” Jones from his perspective from one of the games.
There has been, as always, great support
See you online and GGs lads!